Where have I been for the past week or so? Funny you should ask.
First a few days in Moscow. Then a few days on a train across Siberia. Next a stay at a small town by a very big lake. Then a bigger town by a river. Followed by a train across the border, and now Mongolia.
I've learned a few things about Russia.
1. It is a very, very large country. With many trees.
2. There is no wifi on trains across Siberia.
3. Just becauase the babushka in the corner store looks like she wants to kill you does not mean that she actually hates you. When you ask for something stupid like a plastic fork to eat your instant noodles with she will laugh at you, then sell one to you for a ruble. This will feel like a major breakthrough.
4. Pickles are appropriate at every meal. Breakfast pickles? Sure. Dinner pickle platter? Duh.
5. Vodka is also appropriate at every meal, but that does not mean you should drink it.
6. Siberian lake seals are a thing. They are called Nerpa (my favorite Russian word). Do yourself a favor and google them.